The current Mission and Goals were approved in October 2007 as follows:
“Paul D. Camp Community College provides diverse learning opportunities to enhance the quality of life for students and the community.”
To achieve this mission, the College provides…
- Access to higher education for students and promotes their success and goal attainment.
- Curricula in university parallel programs that facilitate transfer to senior institutions.
- Career and technical programs that are responsive to the needs of students and employers.
- A developmental studies program to help students meet college-level learning expectations.
- Workforce training, services and life-long learning opportunities.
- Students the skills and values needed to function effectively in their world.
- Support for partnerships for the development, growth and renewal of the service region.
- Adequate personnel, financial resources, facilities and technology to support its programs and services.
- Emergency preparedness planning, training and promotion.
At Paul D. Camp Community College, we are committed to…
- The Value of Each Individual – Each person is important. We appreciate the diversity of our student body and college employees. We seek to understand and respect one another.
- The Development of Talent – Faculty, staff and students bring knowledge, skills and abilities to the institution. We encourage them to develop their full potential in order to live responsible and productive lives.
- Teamwork and Community – We accomplish more by working together. Collaboration is an organizational priority for faculty and staff and a learning expectation for students.
- Access and Service – We serve students and each other by working to remove obstacles that threaten success. We challenge students to do the same in their communities.
- Standards of Excellence – We expect each student and college employee to achieve the standards of quality identified for their academic plan or administrative unit.
- Innovation and Risk-taking – We encourage each other to try new ways to address challenges and fulfill the college’s mission.
- Accountability and Improvement – We expect individual students and college employees to fulfill their responsibilities. Meaningful evaluation of student outcomes and other measures of institutional and individual effectiveness are used to improve performance, programs and services.