All future students who plan to complete any degree program or accumulate nine semester hours of college credit must complete a placement test. The placement test is given on all three Paul D. Camp Community College sites—Franklin, Suffolk, and Smithfield. Future students will be tested on reading, writing, and mathematics proficiency skills. Placement testing also includes the READI test to determine computer competency and readiness.
To sign up for the placement test, please complete the following:
- Submit an online application
- Select a testing date and time listed below
- Call or visit the Admissions office to sign-up for a testing date and time
Franklin Admissions Office, 757.569.6707
Suffolk Admissions Office, 757.925.6313
Smithfield Admissions Office, 757.925.6340
Future students who would like practice test materials may come into the Admissions Office for practice books or may take the online version of the practice test.
Future students, who feel they need additional help after taking the Online Practice Test, may access the following quality resources. Listing of Online Resources for VPT-English provides a wealth of support for language skills and the VPT MathSite will provide greater supplemental support for math skills. The VPT MathSite provides sample math problems and links to online resources that correspond to each section of the math placement test.
March – May 2015 Placement Testing
Franklin Campus Room 117
Hobbs (Suffolk) Campus Room 103
Smithfield Center Room 208
Dual Enrollment Testing Dates for Area High Schools
Completed, but re-testing possible.
Instructions for future dual enrollment students.
- All first time students must submit an online application at www.pdc.edu
- Students must bring with them their student ID number provided by the application process
- It is strongly recommended that students review the practice materials. Hard copy practice materials are provided to the schools through the guidance counselors. Online practice materials are provided on this webpage.
- A calculator is provided with the test. Personal calculators are not permitted.
- Dual enrollment testing is provided on the site of the high school. However, during the summer months, testing or retesting is administered at the college. Please contact the Franklin campus, 757.569.6707; Suffolk campus, 757.925.6328 or 727.925.6313; and Smithfield Center, 757.925.6343 to sign up for one of the summer testing dates.