All future students who plan to complete any degree program or accumulate nine semester hours of college credit must complete a placement test. The placement test is given on all three Paul D. Camp Community College sites—Franklin, Suffolk, and Smithfield. Future students will be tested on reading, writing, and mathematics proficiency skills.
To sign up for the placement test, please complete the following:
- Submit an online application
- Select a testing date and time listed below
- Call or visit the Admissions office to sign-up for a testing date and time
Franklin Admissions Office, 757.569.6707
Suffolk Admissions Office, 757.925.6313
Smithfield Admissions Office, 757.925.6340
Future students are advised to review practice materials for preparation of the placement test. The following materials are available for future students to review the skills needed to successfully complete the placement test:
- Math Practice book
- Reading Practice book
- Writing Practice book
- Listing of Online Resources for English practice
Once these materials are reviewed, an online practice test and instructions are available to further prepare future students.
Please note that when future students are taking the practice test online they are to use the password: Virginiapt and not their student ID number.
What should future students bring on the testing day? Please bring the following:
- A government issued picture ID such as a driver’s license or passport.
- The seven digit student ID number issued when the application to PDCCC was submitted and accepted. This number is also noted as the emplid at the bottom of the accepted application pdf document.
Placement Testing Calendar
Note: Placement Testing dates are subject to change without notice.
Franklin Campus Room 117
Hobbs (Suffolk) Campus Room 103
Smithfield Center Room 208
Core Competency Testing
Attention” Spring 2016 Candidates for Graduation
If you will be earining a two year (AAS or AA&S) degree, please see the following information on the required 2016 core competency testing.
Assessment testing will take place March 3 through April 29 on both campuses and the Smithfield Center.
Marry Ellen Gleason (757.569.6740, email@example.com)
in the Testing Center on the Franklin Campus,
Judy Hawkins (757.925-6328 or 757.925.6314, firstname.lastname@example.org)
in the Placement Testing Lab on the Hobbs Suffolk Campus,
or Brenda Anyanwu (757.925.6340, email@example.com)
at the Smithfield Center to register for your testing date.
Please schedule an appointment for your assessment testing as soon as possible.
Core Competency Testing Calendar
|Franklin Campus||Suffolk Campus||Smithfield Center|
|Time||9:00 a.m.||1:00 p.m.||1:00 p.m.|
|Dates||Thursday, March 3
Friday, March 4
|Wednesday, March 16
Wednesday, March 23
Thursday, March 31
Wednesday, April 6
Wednesday, April 13
Thursday, April 28*
|Wednesday, March 30
Wednesday, April 6
|Time||1:00 a.m.||5:00 p.m.|
|Dates||Monday, March 28
Tuesday, March 29
Friday, April 1
Friday, April 29*
|To Schedule an appointment:|
Ms. Mary Ellen Gleason
Mrs. Judy Hawkins
Ms. Brenda Anyanwu
*Last days to take the Core Competency Tests
Dual Enrollment Testing Dates for Area High Schools
Franklin High School
- Wednesday, February 3
- Wednesday, February 10
- Wednesday, February 17
Southampton High School
- Monday, April 11
- Friday, April 15
- Friday, May 6
- Wednesday, May 4
Windsor High School
- Monday, April 25
- Friday, May 20
Smithfield High School
- Thursday, April 28
- Friday, April 29
Isle of Wight Academy
- Friday, April 8
- Monday, May 9
Lakeland High School
- Monday, April 18
- Tuesday, April 19
Nansemond River High School
- Wednesday, April 20
- Thursday, April 21
Kings Fork High School
- Friday, April 22
If a high school student is unable to take the placement test on the designated day for his/her high school, then the student and/or parent will need to contact the Test Administrator at the college to schedule an individual testing date and time. In that event, contact Ms. Gleason for the Franklin campus at 757-569-6740 or Mrs. Hawkins for the Suffolk campus at 757-925-6328 or 757-925-6314.
Instructions for future dual enrollment students.
- All first time students must submit an online application at www.pdc.edu
- Students must bring with them their student ID number provided by the application process
- It is strongly recommended that students review the practice materials. Hard copy practice materials are provided to the schools through the guidance counselors. Online practice materials are provided on this webpage.
- A calculator is provided with the test. Personal calculators are not permitted.
- Dual enrollment testing is provided on the site of the high school. However, during the summer months, testing or retesting is administered at the college. Please contact the Franklin campus, 757.569.6707; Suffolk campus, 757.925.6328 or 727.925.6313; and Smithfield Center, 757.925.6343 to sign up for one of the summer testing dates.
Kaplan Entrance Exam for Future Nursing Students
Kaplan entrance exams are administered September – October and January – February for all perspective nursing students. Please contact Carol Griffin at 757.569.6731 in the Nursing Department to schedule a testing date. Kaplan practice materials are available at the Barnes & Noble Bookstore on the Franklin and Hobbs Suffolk Campus.