All future students who plan to complete any degree program or accumulate nine semester hours of college credit must complete a placement test. The placement test is given on all three Paul D. Camp Community College sites—Franklin, Suffolk, and Smithfield. Future students will be tested on reading, writing, and mathematics proficiency skills.
To sign up for the placement test, please complete the following:
- Submit an online application
- Select a testing date and time listed below
- Call or visit the Admissions office to sign-up for a testing date and time
Franklin Admissions Office, 757.569.6707
Suffolk Admissions Office, 757.925.6313
Smithfield Admissions Office, 757.925.6340
Future students are advised to review practice materials for preparation of the placement test. This preparation can be done by coming to the Admissions Office of any of the three college sites: Franklin Campus, Hobbs Suffolk Campus, or the Smithfield Center to acquire the Math and English practice materials. Or the following materials are available to future students to review and engage students in the skills needed to successfully complete the placement test:
- Math Practice book
- Reading Practice book
- Writing Practice book
- Listing of Online Resources for English practice
Once these materials are reviewed, an online practice test and instructions are available to further prepare future students.
Please note that when future students are taking the practice test online they are to use the password: Virginiapt and not their student ID number. However, when students come to take the placement test on campus they will need to bring their student ID for the test to be administered.
Placement Testing Calendar
Note: Placement Testing dates are subject to change without notice.
Franklin Campus Room 117
|9:00 a.m.||9:00 a.m.
|9:00 a.m.||9:00 a.m.
Hobbs (Suffolk) Campus Room 103
|1:00 p.m.||1:00 p.m.
Smithfield Center Room 208
Dual Enrollment Testing Dates for Area High Schools
Completed, but re-testing possible.
Instructions for future dual enrollment students.
- All first time students must submit an online application at www.pdc.edu
- Students must bring with them their student ID number provided by the application process
- It is strongly recommended that students review the practice materials. Hard copy practice materials are provided to the schools through the guidance counselors. Online practice materials are provided on this webpage.
- A calculator is provided with the test. Personal calculators are not permitted.
- Dual enrollment testing is provided on the site of the high school. However, during the summer months, testing or retesting is administered at the college. Please contact the Franklin campus, 757.569.6707; Suffolk campus, 757.925.6328 or 727.925.6313; and Smithfield Center, 757.925.6343 to sign up for one of the summer testing dates.