The first place winner in the first flight was the Smithfield team, comprised of (from left to right): Jeff Bird, Brad Frantz, Darden Hurt and Jeff Poehls.
(Smithfield, VA) — About 60 golfers participated in the 10th Annual Paul D. Camp Community College Foundation Golf Tournament held Sept. 13, at Cypress Creek Golfers’ Club in Smithfield. Approximately $20,000 was raised to aid in student scholarships, and staff and faculty needs. Also, the following were winners at the tournament:
- First Place: Jeff Bird, Brad Frantz, Darden Hurt and Jeff Poehls
- Second Place: Michael Patnesky, Ed Patnesky and Todd Patnesky
- Third Place: Karen Rye, Brent Slosser, Bill Hatfield and Merrill Curry
- First Place: Phil Wright, Dan Howe, Dr. Eric Yancey and the Rev. Dwight Riddick
- Second Place: Sandy Mann, Alex Parker, Bill Hoffner and Dave Wooley
- Third Place: Dr. Rodney Bland, Bobby Woodward, Ed Miller and Tex McKinney
- First Place: Jim Ware, Arnold Brown, Bob Taylor and Woodrow Crook
- Second Place: Charles Turner, Charles Modlin, Brian Modlin and Steve Melton.
- Third Place: Chris Lydick, David Lydick, Harry Campbell and Tom Caine
“We want to thank all of the golfers, sponsors, donors and volunteers who supported this event for our foundation,” said Felicia Blow, Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Executive Director of the Paul D. Camp Community College Foundation.
Serving as the event’s primary sponsors were:
- Signature Sponsor-Smithfield
- Silver Sponsors: Dominion and Charter Business
- Bronze Sponsors: Bayport Credit Union, Bronco Federal Credit Union, Burgess & Company, P.C., Butler Paper Recycling Inc., EVB, Hubbard Peanut Company, Kaufman & Canoles, Mr. Larry Pope, Primed Media Productions, Southampton Memorial Hospital, Surry Power Station, The Tidewater News/The Suffolk News-Herald and WLQM
- Hole Sponsors: A&B Custom Design and Construction, Blair Brothers Construction Company, Monarch Bank, PDCCC Cheerleader, Pope Investments LLC, Rainy and Cobb PLC, Rawlings Mechanical Corporation, Sentara, The Smithfield Times and Village at Woods Edge