Paul D. Camp Community College’s spring 2017 scholarship cycle opens September 8 for new and continuing students
~Deadline for submissions is Oct. 27, 2016~
Applications for Paul D. Camp Community College scholarships will open Sept. 8, 2016, for the spring 2017 semester. New and continuing students can apply for a number of funding opportunities beginning that day.
“Scholarships offered at PDCCC can mean all the difference for a potential student who lacks resources, which can result in a common obstacle in regard to reaching educational goals,” said Dr. Renee Felts, executive director of the PDCCC Foundation and vice president for institutional advancement. “We are fortunate to have so many donors who place a priority on postsecondary education.”
During the fall 2016 semester, PDCCC awarded students 18 scholarships totaling more than $22,000.
There are 17 scholarships for new and continuing students available for the spring 2017 semester. Students may apply for these regardless if they have applied for scholarships in the fall, as long as they meet the criteria listed for each award. The scholarship acceptance period, begins Thursday, Sept. 8, 2016. Scholarship applications must be submitted by Thursday, Oct. 27, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. and will only be accepted electronically.
Students only need to follow these steps to apply:
- Submit a PDCCC Scholarship Application with all required supporting documentation. Visit www.pdc.edu/financial-aid/scholarships/ for the application.
- New students must submit an application for admission to the College with your high school or college transcripts attached.
- All students must submit two letters of reference with your application.
- Read the criteria for each scholarship. Some require additional attachments, such as an essay. Applications missing required documents will not be processed.
- Make sure that all requirements are met by the scholarship cycle deadline.
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.gov using our school code: 009159.
For more information, call the Office for Institutional Advancement at 757-569-6790 or log onto www.pdc.edu/financial-aid/scholarships/