Omega Zeta Chapter @ PDCCC
This organization is a national honorary society. Its purpose is to recognize and encourage scholarship. Working toward this goal, Phi Theta Kappa endeavors to provide opportunity for the development of leadership and service, an intellectual climate for exchange of ideas, and stimulation of interest in continuing academic excellence.
- Have you completed 12 semester hours of associate degree course work?
- Do you have a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher?
- Are you currently enrolled in at least 12 semester hours (not to include developmental classes)?
- Are you a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen?
Membership invitations are sent out in February and September.
Benefits of Being an Active Member
Colleges, universities, and employers are looking for more than just being a member of Phi Theta Kappa. They are looking for members who actively engaged all parts of the leadership, scholarship, service , and fellowship that PTK offers.
Membership in Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society guarantees you access to benefits that will recognize your outstanding academic accomplishments and provide you with the competitive edge that helps ensure future success. These benefits are unmatched by any other collegiate honor society.
Membership recognizes your academic success
- The Phi Theta Kappa Golden Key Membership Pin
- A Phi Theta Kappa Membership Certificate and ID Card
- Recognition during college induction ceremony
- Notation of membership on your college transcript and diploma
- Recognition by wearing Phi Theta Kappa Commencement Regalia during college graduation when receiving a degree
Membership empowers you with a competitive edge
- $37 million in scholarships for members only
- FREE enrollment in CollegeFish.org, a transfer and college completion planning tool
- FREE access to Five Star Competitive Edge, a personal and professional development plan for building marketable skills and an online portfolio
- FREE access to our Career Resource Center
- Opportunities to develop research and servant leadership skills by participating in Honors in Action programming in local chapter
- Opportunity to become part of a network of over 2.5 million fellow scholars and servant leaders on more than 1,270 campuses worldwide
- Increased pay grade for entry level federal jobs
- Personalized letters of recommendation for scholarships and employment
- Special benefits and offers from Phi Theta Kappa corporate partners
Toni Johnson Smithfield Center 925-6342 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sherri Ward Suffolk Campus 625-6321 email@example.com
Brenda Bergess Franklin Campus 569-6737 firstname.lastname@example.org
2017-2018 Omega Zeta Officers
VP of Leadership: Vacant
VP of Service: Amanda Andes email@example.com
VP of Fund Raising: Andrew Stegmen firstname.lastname@example.org
VP of Fellowship: Vacant
Recording Secretary: Courtney Vinson email@example.com
Public Relations Officer: Charity Thompson firstname.lastname@example.org
Historian: Audra Nahrebecki email@example.com