Paul D. Camp Community College is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Institution of Higher Education. Women, minorities, and the disabled are encouraged to apply. Anyone needing accommodations for disabilities should contact the Human Resource Office at 757.569.6708.
A criminal history background check will be required for all new employees.
- Full Time Administrative Faculty– No Applications at this time
- Full-time Teaching Faculty– No Applications at this time
- Adjunct-Part Time Faculty– No Applications at this time
- Full-time Classified–Accepting applications
- Recruitment and Admissions Specialist
Paul D. Camp Community College is recruiting for a full-time Recruitment and Admissions Specialist. This positions serves as the primary recruiter for Paul D. Camp Community College throughout the service region, working with members of Institutional Advancement and Student Services teams to organize events and messages to targeted potential student markets to increase enrollment at the College. Actively recruits from these markets through activities and events on campus and in the community, online, and through social media and other means as appropriate. Manages a system of proactive follow-up with prospective students from point of interests, through application, to registration.
- Considerable knowledge of student recruitment and enrollment management practices
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills, including listening skills, presentation skills and the ability to represent the college to individuals and groups of diverse backgrounds
- Professional manner that is appropriate as an external representative of the college
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan , organize, prioritize and manage responsibilities effectively to meet deadlines and work effectively both as an individual and member of a team
- Understanding of the purpose and mission of the community college, of college academic departments and programs, of college policies and procedures, academic requirements, campus resources and support services
- Proficiency with common computer programs such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
Demonstrated Ability to:
- Analyze data and develop plans based on strategic goals
- Implement activities that are goal-driven with measurable outcomes
- Guide prospective students through the application and enrollment process and identify students’ needs for support services in order to make appropriate referrals
- Prepare and make presentations to large groups, small groups, and one-on-one
- Learn and use the PeopleSoft database and related customer relationship management software
- Analyze and evaluate current market practices and revise/maintain materials as needed in order to meet the market needs of target populations
- Understand and follow institutional policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Human Services, Student Personnel Services, Counseling, Communications or related field or equivalent education or training and experience.
- Experience in higher education environment
- This position requires the ability to travel regionally and work flexible hours to include some evenings and weekends as needed
- Master’s degree in Education, Human Services, Student Personnel Services, Counseling, Communications or related field
- Experience is community college environment
- Experience working with a variety of individuals in an advisory or counseling capacity
To be considered for this position, you must apply on-line through the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Recruitment Management System by going to https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/. PDCCC no longer accepts applications by mail, e-mail or fax. For more information please visit our web site at www.pdc.edu.
PDCCC in an EEO/AA and e-verify employer. Background check is required prior to hire.
- Recruitment and Admissions Specialist
- Part-time Wage–No Applications at this time
Paul D. Camp Community College is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Institution of Higher Education. Women, minorities, and the disabled are encouraged to apply.
For consideration, applicants must submit a cover letter addressing their qualifications for the position, a current resume, unofficial copies of transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate degrees, any other relevant coursework or certifications, and a completed Commonwealth of Virginia Application for Employment. Interested candidates should apply on-line through the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Recruitment Management System by going to http://jobs.virginia.gov. PDCCC no longer accepts hard copy or e-mailed application packages. For more information please visit our web site at www.pdc.edu or contact Human Resources at 757.569.6708.