What is my LAN ID?
All employees are provided with LAN (Local Area Network) accounts that allow them access to campus computer workstations and email. All computers on Paul D. Camp Community College campuses present you with a 2 line logon box requesting a User ID, and password.
Your User ID is created using PC, the first four letter of your last name followed by the first letter of your first name. This is not case sensitive.
EX: Joe Smith = PCSMITJ
If your name is similar to that of another employee, your User ID might be created using PC, the first four letters of your last name, followed by the first letter of your first name and the numbers 01.
EX:Joe Smith = PCSMITJ
Jay Smith = PCSMITJ01
How do I log in?
- Turn on the computer
- The computer should boot to the login screen
- Enter your User ID and password.
- After three unsuccessful login attempts, your account will be locked for 5 minutes
- Contact Computing Services if you are locked out or forgot your password
What is the password policy?
At your first login, you will be required to choose a new password using the following format:
- Passwords must be at least eight characters long
- Passwords may not contain your user name or any part of your full name
- Passwords must contain characters from at least three of the following four classes:
English upper case letters (A, B, C, … Z) English lower case letters (a, b, c, … z ) Numerals (0, 1, 2, … 9 ) Non-alphanumeric special characters &@#( )^~
- Users are required to change their passwords every 60 days. The system enforces a password history for 24 passwords. This means the same password cannot be used but once every 4 years.
- User IDs and passwords must be kept confidential and not shared with anyone, including supervisors.