Get the RIGHT application by using the official FAFSA website. Need help completing the FAFSA? View the Virginia Education Wizard’s FAFSA filing tutorial, or come to our office to get one-on-one assistance.
How to Start Applying for Aid – Your Checklist for Success:
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid as soon as possible after January 1st each year.
- Enter your information. We STRONGLY recommend you use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer your tax data directly from IRS into the form. You will be prompted to get a PIN (electronic signature) during the FAFSA application. If providing parent information, one of your parents must also apply for his or her own PIN and s/he must use it to sign your application.
- The Paul D. Camp Community College school code is 009159 (for all campuses).
- Make sure you submit your application. Many students close the webpage before submitting. You will receive a confirmation page once the submission is successful. Print this page for your records.
- Other Types of Aid: The FAFSA application is the only form you need for all grant money. Scholarships use a separate application in Fall and Spring. There are no summer scholarships. We do not offer loans at Paul D. Camp Community College; however, there is a tuition payment plan available if you do not qualify for enough funds to pay your charges upfront. Sign up early for the best rates.
What Happens Next?
- Once the FAFSA is processed, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). Follow the instructions carefully and provide any missing information.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office to make sure we have a copy of the Student Aid Report if you do not receive a welcome letter by May 1st for Fall or within a week after filing if you file after May 1st.
- The Department of Education selects many FAFSAs for verification to ensure the data entered is accurate. If selected for verification, we will email your assigned student account.
- Please return any requested documents to the Financial Aid Office immediately, as awarding cannot proceed until all the requested documents are received and processed.
- The college Financial Aid Office will send you an Award Letter email, detailing the aid you are eligible to receive based on your applications. If it is not enough to cover your aid, please call and see if there are any other options.
- You must have a college application on file in order for us to receive your FAFSA. Submit an Online Application or Print Application Now and be accepted by the college. (Note: This is a separate application from the financial aid application. Paper forms go to the PDCCC Admissions Office.)
- You must be in a financial aid eligible program of study (this means your major. If you’re not sure, check with your Financial Aid Office). If you change your major, you need to let Financial Aid know; it could change your eligibility.
Remember to attend your classes from the beginning to the end! Do not withdraw unless you have checked with Financial Aid first! It could cause you to owe significant amounts of money back to the Federal and State programs otherwise.