This Scholarship is available for Fall and Spring Semesters.
This scholarship was established in memory of Bertella C. Westbrook, RN, who was a staunch advocate of education and the nursing profession.
- Letter of acceptance into the RN Program at PDCCC (must be attached to application)
- Resident of College Service area (Cities of Franklin and Suffolk, Counties of Isle of Wight and Southampton)
- Three letters of recommendation, referencing character, potential for leadership in school activities, and community work (must be attached to application)
- Financial Need (paragraph describing financial aid must be attached to application)
- Short Essay on why you chose the nursing profession (must be attached to application)
The College Scholarship Committee makes selection.
NOTE: Other Fall scholarships are available for students enrolled in PDCCC’s Nursing Program. They include the Debbie Zuber Memorial Scholarship, the Mary Marshall Scholarship, the Virginia League for Nursing Scholarship, and the Suffolk Ruritan Nursing Scholarship. In addition, the Connie Patterson Memorial Nursing Scholarship is offered in the Spring. For information on applying for these select scholarships, call Dr. Candace Rogers, Nursing Program Head, at 569.6731.