This Scholarship is for Fall High School Students Only.
Amount: $5,000 over two years ($2,500 first year; $2,500 second year, contingent on attainment of 2.50 or higher GPA for first year)
The Bobby B. Worrell Scholarship was established by the Elms Foundation to honor the former executive director of the Elms Foundation, which administers grants and scholarships for the Camp Foundation, the Ruth Camp Campbell Foundation, and the Camp-Younts Foundation. Mr. Worrell served as Executive Director of the foundations from 1996 through 2010 after retiring from 44 years in the banking industry. He is a United States Army veteran, the father of three children, and an advocate for the education of his community’s youth.
Mr. Worrell served on the board of Paul D. Camp Community College and is past Chairman of the Board. He has been an ardent supporter of the College and its mission over many years, and this scholarship honor his dedication to the ideals of Paul D. Camp Community College.
- Applicants must be graduating high school seniors residing in Franklin, Suffolk, Isle of Wight County, or Southampton County.
- 2.5 or higher GPA (Transcript or GED scores must be attached to the application)
- Enrollment in at least 12 semester credits in a certificate or degree program at PDCCC for both fall and spring semesters
- Two Letters of Reference should include one letter from a school official and one from a community person (must be attached to application).
- Essay on how attending Paul D. Camp Community College will help you reach your educational goals (must be attached to application)
The Paul D. Camp Scholarship Committee will make the award of this scholarship.