This Scholarship is available for Fall 2014
- Two $500 scholarships will be awarded in the fall 2014 semester.
Cynthia A. Shaffer was an LPN in Alliance, Ohio, where she worked for over 20 years. This scholarship is given by an anonymous donor in memory of her lifetime of caring service to others as a nurse.
The Cynthia A. Shaffer Scholarship will be available for tuition, books, and other legitimate school needs for nursing students.
- Applicant must have received a letter of acceptance into the RN Program or LPN-RN Bridge Program at PDCCC. (Letter must be attached to the application.)
- Applicant must demonstrate a likelihood of success in the program, as determined by the Nursing Faculty.
- Applicant must have a family member who has served or is currently serving honorably in the armed forces of the United States.
- Two letters of recommendation must be attached to application.
- Submissions must include a short essay stating how this scholarship would help the student to pursue their goals and why that is important to the applicant.
Application Process: The College Scholarship Committee, with the input of the Nursing Department, makes the selection.