This Scholarship is available for Spring Semester only
The Gordon “Gene” Barlow, Jr. Scholarship Fund was established to honor the memory of Mr. Gordon “Gene” Barlow, Jr. Upon his passing in February 2009, Mr. Barlow identified Paul D. Camp Community College as a recipient of a major gift for an endowed scholarship. As a student, Mr. Barlow graduated from Smithfield High School, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, and Iowa State University. He was in the U.S. Army during World War II. Mr. Barlow was a member of the American Legion Post 49, Christopher Newport University’s Lifelong Learning Society, Smithfield Baptist Church, and the Smithfield Ruritan Club.
The Gordon “Gene” Barlow, Jr. Scholarship will be available for tuition, books, and other legitimate school needs for students.
- Available to new or returning Paul D. Camp Community College students
- Available to residents of Smithfield, Virginia
- Applicants must maintain a GPA of 2.75 (or better)
- Three letters of recommendation must be attached to application
- Submissions must include a 300-word essay on the “Importance of Education and Lifelong Learning”