This Scholarship is available for Fall Semester Only
The Margaret L. Brown Education Scholarship Fund was established to honor the memory of Mrs. Margaret L. Brown. Mrs. Brown grew up as a first generation Scottish-American in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She and her four siblings had vivacious childhoods punctuated by many adventures and loved each other fiercely. Once she became a teacher, Mrs. Brown transferred this passion and unconditional love to her classroom and to her students. She was always taking the extra step to help a student, coach sports practices after school, and insure that each child knew of their potential to not only succeed but also to become caring and honest members of society. Recipients of this scholarship should be dedicated to not only helping their students achieve success academically but also inspire them to become great citizens.
The Margaret L. Brown Education Scholarship will be available for tuition, books, and other legitimate school needs for students.
- Available to a new or returning Paul D. Camp Community College student
- Applicant must be pursuing an Associates in Arts & Science Degree in Education with plans to matriculate to a 4-year institution
- Applicants must maintain a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Two letters of recommendation must be attached to application
- Submissions must include a 300-word essay stating how this scholarship would help the student to pursue their goals and why that is important to the applicant