Veterans Educational Benefits

According to GI Jobs magazine, we are a military friendly school for the third straight year!  We appreciate our military, veterans and their families.

Military Friendly School

Veterans Certifying Officials are located in the Financial Aid Office to serve you! To apply for benefits, please visit the Veterans Administration website (VONAPP). You may apply online, download forms, ask questions, and view the payment rates for each type of Veteran benefits from this website.

An overview of the application process and regulations for all chapters of VA are also available here:  2014-15 Veterans Regulations and Application Process

After applying for veterans benefits, students should contact the Veteran’s Certifying Official inside the Financial Aid Office on either the Franklin (757-569-6715) or Suffolk (757-925-6346) campus.  Email may also be sent to

The Department of Veterans Administration will make all determinations of eligibility, not the College Certifying Official.  Once the Veteran’s enrollment has been certified and 48 business hours has elapsed after receiving the email confirmation, the student may call 1-888-GI-BILL-1 for payment information.

Please visit our Veterans Forms at the bottom of the Forms for Financial Aid Students page.  Veteran students may also qualify for free grants while attending Paul D. Camp Community College. We encourage all students to apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as well!

Order Military Service Records – DD214

Each Veteran who submits a copy of the DD214 will receive 2 credits of Health/PE free of charge!  You will need a copy of your discharge papers (DD-214) for the certification process. Veterans can obtain their DD214 at the National Archives website.

You may also obtain copies of military records electronically through the eBenefits portal.

Order Military Transcripts (may need to tell it to continue to website)

Order High School or GED Transcripts

DODDS Transcript -GED or diploma obtained overseas during military service

USAFI/GED Transcript -GED obtained during military service before Sept 1974A

Making Adjustments to College Life

10 Tips for Veterans at College

If you are a veteran who is having trouble re-adjusting to life as a civilian, please check for available resources at Mental Health Resources.