The Inaugural Hampton Roads LOGISTXGAMES are designed to build teamwork, raise awareness, and provide networking for logistics employers and their regional partners.
When: Friday, June 6, 2014
Where: Ace Regional Redistribution Center, Suffolk, VA
Time: 10:00 a.m.
The LOGISTXGAMES is an annual competition that promotes the logistics industry on the local, regional and national level. Now in its eighth year, the LOGISTXGAMES brings teams of warehouse warriors together in head-to-head competitions that build employee pride, establish teamwork principles and reinforce safety standards vital to the industry.
The LOGISTXGAMES truly offer something for everyone. Teams win by getting to strut their stuff for their coworkers and local and regional peers. Companies win by gaining a unique morale-booster and incentive for their employees and organizers win by gaining a unique networking and property-showcasing opportunity.
There are four events in the 2014 competition.
- Pallet Puzzle Sprint – Three-person teams each take 36 different-sized corrugated boxes from floor locations, assemble them and stack them on a pallet. The team with the quickest time wins.
- Pallet Jack Relay – Three-person teams participate in a timed pallet jack relay race through an obstacle course while keeping the boxes on the pallet.
- Pick/Pack Hurdle – Three-person teams move boxes from the pallet to a warehouse racking system while memorizing positioning and SKUs in a timed race.
- Box Put –Teams will have packed one box with fragile bottled liquid items, in the Pallet Puzzle Sprint event, utilizing selected packaging material from various options. During the Box Put event one team member will then throw the box for distance and accuracy without breaking the contents.
- CenterPoint Properties
- Virginia Port Authority
- Expeditors International
- City of Suffolk
- CBRE | Hampton Roads
- Remedy Staffing
- Virginia Economic Development Partnership
- Massimo Zanetti Beverage
- California Cartage
- Expeditors International
- Massimo Zanetti
All net proceeds will be directed to the Paul D. Camp Community College Foundation to underwrite scholarships in the workforce development and logistics areas. Visit PDCCCFoundation.org for information on the college’s foundation.
Sponsorships are available for the LOGISTXGAMES. Payments may be accomplished through check or credit card. Please make checks payable to the Paul D. Camp Community College Foundation, a 501c3 charitable organization, and can be mailed to:
ATTN: Felicia Blow
100 N. College Drive
Franklin, VA 23851
For credit card payments,
For questions on payment, please contact Felicia Blow, 757.569.6791. All sponsorships are tax deductible.
|Scott Flanders||Lang Williams|