Paul D. Camp Community College announces its new officers for the Local College Board for 2013-14.
Mr. Richard Brooks of Suffolk will serve as the new Chair for the Local College Board and Ms. Lynn Jones of Isle of Wight County will serve as Chair-elect. Ms. Patricia Sowell is the outgoing Chair.
“We are fortunate to have such knowledgeable individuals who serve us so graciously and have such a genuine interest in education and the community,” said PDCCC President Dr. Paul Wm. Conco.
Other continuing members of the Local College Board are:
- A. Meredith Felts Jr., Southampton County
- June Fleming, City of Franklin
- James Samuel Glasscock, City of Suffolk
- Kermit Hobbs, City of Suffolk
- Caroline Hurt, Isle of Wight County
- Asa Johnson, City of Franklin
- Patricia Sowell, Isle of Wight County
- Kisha Watford, Southampton County
- Syretha Wright, Southampton County
- Dorcas Helfant-Browning, Virginia Beach; (Liaison from the Virginia State Board of Community Colleges)
In addition, two new appointments to the board were made during the June 17th meeting. Philip Page Jr., Executive Director of the Franklin Redevelopment and Housing Authority, and Donald Mills, Owner, President and General Manager of Mills Marine & Ship Repair LLC, will fill the seats of J. Patrick Newman of Franklin and Jean Copeland of Suffolk, respectively. Newman and Copeland’s terms expire June 30.
Also, June Fleming was appointed liaison of the 2013-14 PDCCC Local College Board, a position that was held by outgoing board member J. Patrick Newman. The liaison serves as a contact between the Local College Board and the PDCCC Foundation Board.