Paul D. Camp Community College introduces the Mobile Apps iPhone® application
Paul D. Camp Community College has released an Apple iPhone application that is designed to promote the college’s major Web-enabled resources to an increasing population of current and potential students using mobile Internet devices.
A growing number of our students, faculty and staff use the iPhone®, iPod Touch®, iPad® and other mobile devices to access information and services on the Internet. It is essential we provide our current and future students with tools optimized to the major mobile platforms as they become more and more popular.
The PDCCC mobile application can be used to locate our Franklin Campus, Suffolk Campus, Smithfield site, and Workforce Development Center, view available courses, keep up with the latest news, and get access to events happening on campus. The Virginia Community College System with each of its 23 community colleges across the state used Blackboard Inc.’s Mobile platform and services to develop the applications.
Current features include:
- Maps – Never get lost again. Find out exactly where PDCCC sites are located. The PDCCC buildings are Franklin Campus, Suffolk Campus, Smithfield Center and Workforce Development. Find addresses and telephone numbers.
- Courses – Search for courses, read descriptions, times, and location.
- Events – Find details about campus events and the academic calendar.
- News – Read the latest news from PDCCC.
- Videos – Stay up to date with the latest speakers and events video content from the PDCCC YouTube channel.
- Blackboard Mobile Learn – Blackboard Mobile Learn makes it easier for you to keep up with your courses by letting you access them whenever and wherever you want.
- Emergency – In need of assistance, here are some helpful contacts to put you in touch with the information and resources you need.
- Library – Browse the library catalog and resources.
- Facebook – Facebook is a social utility that connects you to PDCCC. Get the latest news and photos from PDCCC!