Members of Paul D. Camp Community College faculty and staff were honored during the 30th Annual Virginia Community Colleges Association conference and awards showcase, held October 3 through 5, 2012 in Hot Springs, VA.
The VCCA Showcase Awards program recognizes outstanding faculty and staff from the 40 campuses of the 23 colleges in the Virginia Community College System. Recipients were chosen by peers at their respective home campuses.
PDCCC faculty and staff receiving the 2012 VCCA Showcase awards are as follows:
- Beverly Mason, adjunct English instructor and testing coordinator on the Hobbs Suffolk Campus
- Ms. Mason is a member of the VCCA and the PDCCC Classified Personnel Association. In addition, she is a life member of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority and member of Pride of Wakefield, Chapter #37, Order of the Eastern Star. She created a presentation celebrating the 40-year-history of the college in 2011 and has authored several published articles. Ms. Mason also is the CEO of BDM Creative Computing and Creative Services.
- Nancy Warren, English instructor on the Franklin Campus
- Ms. Warren is a member of the American Association of University Women, the Kings Fork Woman’s Club, Virginia Press Women and the VCCA. She also serves as faculty representative to the Chancellor’s Advisory Committee and movie night coordinator at the college. She was selected to attend the inaugural Chancellor’s Developmental Education Institute in 2011. Ms. Warren is also on the College’s planning and effectiveness committee.
- Karen Jenkins office services assistant on the Hobbs Suffolk Campus
- Ms. Jenkins is a member of Phi Theta Kappa National Honor Society, the PDCCC Classified Personnel Association and the VCCA. She was selected to serve on the PTK All-USA Academic Team and served as coordinator for the college’s first Spring Fling Festival held in April. In addition, she serves as liaison for the partnership with CVS Pharmacy and the PDCCC Regional Workforce Development Center’s pharmacy tech program.