Class Date: Classes will resume in March 2015
Class Day/Time (In Classroom): Friday from 5:45 – 9 p.m.
Class Days/Times (On Range): Sat. and Sun. from 7:45 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Location: PDCCC Franklin Workforce Center
Tuition: $138.15 (in-state tuition)
Credit: 1 credit
How to Register for Workforce Class (follow instructions for Credit Course)
Friday class meets in classroom. Saturday and Sunday class meets on Motorcycle Range in parking lot.
The Virginia Rider Training program Basic Rider Course (BRC) coaches the fundamental skills and is NOT intended to produce the superb riding skills of an experienced rider; rather, it provides the basic ENTRY-LEVEL skills for a new rider to begin practicing and developing the mental and motor skills important for safe street operation. Motorcycles helmets are provided.
What to expect in the classroom:
- discussion of workbook
- watching a training video
- 50 Question Multiple Choice Test
- 80% needed to pass
- arrive 15 minutes early (no late comers)
What to expect on the range:
- Many riding exercises (in weather)
- Riding skills evaluation consisting of four exercises to assess your braking, cornering, swerving and limited space maneuvering skills.
For additional information or questions, call the Workforce Office at 757.569.6050 or send an email to email@example.com.