All future students who plan to complete any degree program or accumulate nine semester hours of college credit must complete a placement test. The placement test is given on all three Paul D. Camp Community College sites—Franklin, Suffolk, and Smithfield. Future students will be tested on reading, writing, and mathematics proficiency skills.
To sign up for the placement test, please complete the following:
- Submit an online application
- Select a testing date and time listed below
- Call or visit the Admissions office to sign-up for a testing date and time
To sign up for testing at the Franklin or Suffolk campuses or the Smithfield Center call:
- Franklin Campus, 757-569-6707 or 7575-569-6740 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suffolk Campus, 757-925-6328 or email@example.com
- Smithfield Center, 757-925-6328 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Practice Books, Sample Tests, and Other Resources
Future students are advised to review practice materials for preparation of the placement test. The following materials are available for future students to review the skills needed to successfully complete the placement test:
- Math Practice book
- Reading Practice book
- Writing Practice book
- Listing of Online Resources for English practice
Once these practice materials are reviewed, online testing samples can be accessed by clicking on the following Sample Tests:
Those future students interested in calculus practice resources, may find the following websites useful:
What should future students bring on the testing day? Please bring the following:
- A government issued picture ID such as a driver’s license or passport.
- The seven digit student ID number issued when the application to PDCCC was submitted and accepted. This number is also noted as the emplid at the bottom of the accepted application pdf document.
Placement Testing Calendar
Testing for Summer 2017 (May 22 – August 19)
Note: Placement Testing dates are subject to change without notice.
Franklin Campus Room 117
Call 757-569-6707 or 7575-569-6740 to schedule a placement test
Hobbs (Suffolk) Campus Room 103
Call 757-925-6328 to schedule a placement test
Smithfield Center Room 208
Call 757-925-6328 to schedule a placement test
Proctored Exams for Online Classes
Many students who take online classes through PDC, NVCC, TCC, or other community colleges in Virginia may need proctoring for exams.
Those enrolled with the SSDL classes through NVCC
Those enrolled with the ELI classes through NVCC
And all other community colleges, please contact:
Ms. Mary Ellen Gleason, 757-569-6740 for the Franklin campus
Mrs. Carol Badeaux, 757-925-6328 for the Suffolk campus
Mrs. Carol Badeaux, 757-925-6328 for the Smithfield Center
Dual Enrollment Testing Dates for Area High Schools
Parents and High School Students:
For high school students interested in the dual enrollment program for 2017-2018 who need to test, please be attentive to your high schools notice regarding upcoming dual enrollment during spring 2017 for fall 2017.
Franklin High School
- Wednesday, February 15
Southampton High School
- Friday, April 7
- Monday, April 10
- Friday, May 12
- Friday, May 5
Kings Fork High School
- Monday, April 24
Nansemond River High School
- Wednesday, April 26
- Thursday, April 27
Lakeland High School
- Tuesday, April 25
- Friday, April 28
Isle of Wight Academy
- Thursday, May 4
Smithfield High School
- Monday, April 17
- Tuesday, April 18
- Wednesday, May 17
- Friday, May 19
Windsor High School
- Friday April 21st
- Monday May 8th
- Monday May 22nd
For further information regarding your son or daughter’s testing please contact your high school Guidance Counselor. Other questions such test as make up or alternative tests such as PSAT, SAT, and ACT, should be directed to Ms. Mary Ellen Gleason at 757-569-6740.
Instructions for future dual enrollment students.
- All first time students must submit an online application at www.pdc.edu
- Students must bring with them their student ID number provided by the application process
- It is strongly recommended that students review the practice materials. Hard copy practice materials are provided to the schools through the guidance counselors. Online practice materials are provided on this webpage.
- A calculator is provided with the test. Personal calculators are not permitted.
- Dual enrollment testing is provided on the site of the high school. However, during the summer months, testing or retesting is administered at the college. Please contact the Franklin campus, 757.569.6707; Suffolk campus, 757.925.6328 or 727.925.6313; and Smithfield Center, 757.925.6343 to sign up for one of the summer testing dates.
Kaplan Entrance Exam for Future Nursing Students
Kaplan entrance exams are administered September – December and January – February for all perspective nursing students. Please contact Carol Griffin at 757.569.6731 in the Nursing Department to schedule a testing date. Kaplan practice materials are available at the Follett Bookstore on the Franklin and Hobbs Suffolk Campus.