Paul D. Camp Community College uses PDCCC Alert to immediately contact you during a major crisis or emergency. PDCCC Alert delivers important emergency alerts, notifications and updates to you on all your devices:
- E-mail account (work, home, other)
- Cell phone
- Smartphone/PDA (BlackBerry, Treo & other handhelds)
When an incident or emergency occurs, authorized senders will instantly notify you using PDCCC Alert. PDCCC Alert is your personal connection to real-time updates, instructions on where to go, what to do, or what not to do, who to contact and other important information.
PDCCC Alert is a free service offered by Paul D. Camp Community College.
Your wireless carrier may charge you a fee to receive messages on your wireless device.
WAVY-TV Channel 10
WVBT Fox 43
WVEC Channel 13
WTKR Channel 3
WGH 1310 AM
In case of Inclement Weather
The following radio and television stations are notified when the College is forced to close or to operate on a delayed schedule because of inclement weather.
NOTE: Separate announcements are made for day and evening classes.
IF NO ANNOUNCEMENT IS MADE THE COLLEGE WILL BE OPEN AS USUAL
Following are some suggestions for obtaining accurate information during inclement weather:
- 1. Listen to more than one radio or television station. We strive to provide accurate up-to-date information to each station. However, mistaken information is sometimes aired. Verify the information you hear with the broadcast of another station.
- 2. Listen to the announcements more than once. Occasionally, severe weather warrants that a decision to delay opening be changed to a decision to close.
- 3. Call PDCCC (757.569.6700). You will reach the automated attendant. Don’t dial an extension; simply hold the line to hear the recorded information.
- 4. Check the college’s web site. In the event of a closing or delay, an effort will be made to post this information on the college’s web site (www.pdc.edu). Student and PDCCC personnel are encouraged to utilize this option, but please be aware that technical difficulties sometimes prevent this information from being posted in a timely manner.
Remember, we do not announce via radio and television that the college is open. Announcements will be made only if the college will be closed or operating on a delayed schedule.