Program: Electrical Technology
Award: Career Studies Certificate
Plan Code: 221-981-15
Length: 11 credit hours, 2 semesters
The program is designed for Keurig-Green Mountain employees only.
Program Head: David Lorenz
Purpose: This program is designed for employees of Keurig Green Mountain. Students will be given specialized electrical technology training that will support production operations at Keurig-Green Mountain.
Occupational Objectives: Upon completion of the Electricity Technology Career Studies Certificate program, graduates will possess the knowledge and skills required for entry into the fields of maintenance electrician and maintenance technician.
Student Learning Outcomes: Upon successful completion of the Robotics Certificate Program graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge of basic circuit design, current flow, and power dissipation.
- Identify a variety of schematic symbols and how to interpret schematic drawings.
- Explain single phase and three phase motor operation, maintenance and troubleshooting procedures.
- Create, design, and troubleshoot a variety of robotic programs.
- Utilize a variety of test equipment to measure voltage, current, resistance and power.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of science, technology, engineering and math to solve technological problems.
Admission Requirements: General admission to the college is required and the students that are selected under the discretion of Keurig-Green Mountain must place out of MTE 3
Program Requirements: The curriculum in the Electrical Technology Career Studies Certificate for Keurig-Green Mountain combines instruction in the areas required for competence as an entry level employee in industry, government, and other organizations. Candidates for the Electrical Technology Career Studies Certificate for Keurig-Green Mountain must successfully complete all required courses and earn a minimum grade of “C” in all ELE courses.
|Electrical Technology (221-981-15)
Required Courses and Credits
|ELE 121||Electrical Circuits I||3|
|ELE 122||Electrical Circuits II||3|
|Total Semester Credits||6|
|ELE 216||Industrial Electricity||3|
|ELE 239||Programmable Controllers||2|
|Total Semester Credits||5|
|Total Program Credits||11|