Paul D. Camp Community College Library caters to the needs of our students and community patrons. In order for us to provide the best service we can, there are several policies and rules of proper library conduct that we ask our students and patrons to practice.
Cell Phone Usage
- Cell phones must be turned on vibrate or turned off when entering the library.
- Cell phones should not be answered nor should calls be made inside the library.
Please refrain from:
- Excessive talking
- Loud talking
- Use of offensive language
- Disruptive behavior
Please monitor any children who accompany you to maintain an appropriate library environment. While accompanied children are permitted access to the library commons, disruptive behavior which includes uncontrolled crying is grounds for suspending access to the library and computers for the day. This is necessary to ensure students can pursue academic goals without interruption.
Library Cards/Student IDs
- Library cards can be made for those affiliated with PDCCC and community patrons with proper identification.
- Student IDs will also require verification of enrollment in the current or upcoming semester
- Community patrons will be required to get a library card to use the resource/facilities
- Community patrons will also be required to take a photo for inclusion in the library system
- The first library card/student ID will be created free-of-charge. A replacement patron library card will cost $3.00; a replacement student ID will cost $7.00.
Please return any books you have taken from the library shelves to the circulation desk for a member of the library staff to re-shelve.
Books from the circulating collection are checked out for four weeks. Non-current issues of magazines are checked out for one week. Library materials should be returned by the due date, to assure their availability for other patrons’ use. Therefore, a fine of five cents per day will be charged for overdue materials from the circulating collection. Books may be returned to the book drops in the parking lots when the libraries are closed.
- Please have a member of the library staff assist you when using the photocopier.
- Please print on both sides of the paper when possible to save paper.
- Photocopier prices
- No charge for copies of journals/magazines, reserve materials, or reference materials from the library (*Please be selective; limit yourself to 20 copies)
- All other copies of materials cost $.10 per page
- Community Patrons:
- All copies of materials cost $.10 per page
- Please pay for all photocopies at the circulation desk.
Library Conduct Enforcement Procedures
- Students, who violate the library conduct policy, will be issued a Library Warning and referred to the Dean of Student Services for disciplinary action. Another violation will result in the issue of a Library Revocation Form and loss of Library privileges for six months.
- Community patrons or accompanying children, who violate the library conduct policy, will be issued a Library Warning Form and library privileges will be terminated for twenty-four hours. Another violation will result in issue of a Library Revocation Form and loss of Library privileges for up to one year.