Top 5 Mistakes High-School Students Make Before Starting College
- They procrastinate. Instead, take some college-level courses while you’re still in high school to reduce college stress and costs. Ask your school counselor about Dual Enrollment options.
- They don’t look ahead. Talk to a financial advisor to understand how student debt burdens can weigh you down for years.
- They don’t consider all the options. You could save $45,000 by earning an associate degree at your local community college and then transferring to get your bachelor’s at a four-year university.
- They leave money on the table. Many organizations are eager to award scholarships. Check with your guidance counselor…and apply!
- They don’t shop around. Find out how much that degree program will really cost at a for-profit college, a state supported university, or at your local community college.