The Virginia Community College System (VCCS) has standardized on Zoom Pro for a video teleconference (VTC) solution to support faculty, staff, and students. Every faculty, staff, and student has access to a Zoom Pro license and can use that license to schedule their own VTC sessions. If you are not familiar with Zoom Pro (www.zoom.us), it is very similar to WebEx, but in many ways easier to use and more focused on education. The System Office IT team is in the process of integrating Zoom with Canvas and adding it to My PDCCC portal. As the information on the level of integration becomes available we will share it with you.
Here are some basic instructions for accessing Zoom. Please feel free to log in and experiment with Zoom and think about the many ways you might be able to use it to support both instruction and administrative needs. There are many possibilities.
- Click on the ZOOM link: vccs.zoom.us
- Click on the setting button, and log in using your MyVCCS credentials.
- Once you log in, you can update your profile information, schedule, join, or host meetings!
- That’s it!
Scheduling a Meeting
Joining a Meeting
Sharing You Screen
Recording a Zoom Meeting
Also, if you reach a login screen like the one below, simply click on the Sign In with SSO (single sign-on) button to access your ZOOM account.
Help is always right around the corner too.
- Hoonuit has a ZOOM course that covers the basics and meetings. Simply log into MyVCCS, click on the Hoonuit icon and search for ZOOM.
- ZOOM SUPPORT has some great information available at https://support.zoom.us we recommend the getting started article and the meeting controls video.