How To Apply

Get the RIGHT application by using the official FAFSA website.

How to Start Applying for Aid – Your Checklist for Success:

  1. Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid as soon as possible after October 1st each year.
  2. Enter your information:
    • You will be prompted to get a FSA ID to provide an electronic signature during the FAFSA application. Parents who must sign need to get and use their own FSA ID.
    • We strongly recommend you use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to transfer your tax data directly from IRS into the form. Be sure to transfer the information, not just view it.
    • Our school code is 009159 (for all campuses).
  3. You will receive a confirmation page once the submission is successful. Print this page for your records.

Office Locations:
Franklin Campus
Located in room 125
100 N. College Dr.
Franklin, VA 23851
757.569.6715 (Call Center)
Fax 757.569.6743

Hobbs Suffolk Campus
Located in room 100A
271 Kenyon Rd.
Suffolk, VA 23439
757.925.6346 (Call Center)
Fax 757.925.6372

What Happens Next?

  1. Once the FAFSA is processed, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). Follow the instructions carefully and provide any missing information.
  2. Check your student email for your award letter or a missing information letter. Contact the Financial Aid Office to make sure we have a copy of the Student Aid Report if you do not receive an email by May 1st for Fall or within a week after filing if you complete it after May 1st*.
  3. Please return any requested documents to the Financial Aid Office immediately, as awarding cannot proceed until all the requested documents are received and processed.

Other Types of Aid: The FAFSA application is the only form you need for all grant money. Scholarships and Loans use a separate application, see sections at right. There is a tuition payment plan available if you do not qualify for enough funds to pay your charges upfront and wish to stay out of debt. Sign up early for the best rates.

*NOTE:  You must have a college application on file and it must have a Social Security Number on it in order for us to receive your FAFSA.

Submit a PDCCC Online Application or Print Application Now to apply to the college. (Note: This is a separate application from the financial aid application. Paper forms go to the PDCCC Admissions Office.)  You must be in a financial aid eligible program of study/major.  If you change your major, you need to let Financial Aid know; it could change your eligibility.

Need help completing the FAFSA? View the Virginia Education Wizard’s FAFSA filing tutorial, or come to our office to get one-on-one assistance.