This scholarship is available for High School Students only for fall, spring and summer semesters.
This scholarship is funded by the Ruth Camp Campbell Foundation, the Camp-Younts Foundation, and the Camp Foundation. The purpose of the scholarship is to assist in making dual enrollment high school courses affordable to eligible high school students that may not have the opportunity because of financial barriers. This scholarship is available to students attending high school in Southampton County, the City of Franklin, Isle of Wight, and the City of Suffolk.
The Dual Enrollment Camp Opportunity Scholarship pays up to 50% of the total dual enrollment tuition & fees when there is a student financial obligation indicated. All awards are subject to change depending on student provisions from other funding sources and total amount of funding available.
- Student must meet the Dual Enrollment requirements set forth by the student’s high school. (Student’s eligibility to take dual enrollment classes must be confirmed in the school counselor’s reference letter)
- Student must meet “under-represented population” eligibility guidelines as defined by the scholarship committee. (low-income and/or potential first generation college graduate)
- Student must initially demonstrate a 2.75 or higher GPA with an official high school transcript attached to the application form
- For Continued Awards, the student must maintain specific PDCCC Grade Point Averages. The required GPA and funding levels are as follows:
- PDCCC GPA
- 3.00 – 4.00 : 100% of the semester award
- 2.50 – 2.99 : 75% of the semester award
- 2.00 – 2.49 : 50% of the semester award
- Below 2.00 : 0% award
- Student must submit a completed application packet to the student’s high school counselor or the PDCCC admissions office on the Franklin campus or Suffolk campus.
A Completed Application Packet Includes the Following Items:
- A Completed Application Form
- As well as a Completed Application Part II Form
- Two (2) letters of reference: one from the high school counselor and one from a teacher or community person. (must be attached to the application form)
- Official High School Transcript PDCCC Scholarship Committee makes selections.
For more information concerning this scholarship, contact the high school counseling office or PDCCC representative Travis Parker at 757.569.6759
Paul D. Camp Community College
Dual Enrollment Camp Opportunity Scholarship
100 North College Drive, PO Box 737, Franklin, VA 23851
Phone: 757.569.6759 Fax: 757.569.6795