This Scholarship is available year round to qualified candidates
Amount: $1,000 annually
The Workforce Development Scholarship was established to help provide scholarships to students pursuing an Associate’s degree, workforce certification, or other educational pursuits, including those in the logistics field. Through the support and generosity of Hampton Roads LogistX Games and donations celebrating PDCCC’s Workforce Development Program 10th anniversary this scholarship provides up to $1,000 annually toward students taking credit and non-credit workforce-related courses.
The Endowed Workforce Development Scholarship is designed specifically to provide scholarship assistance in the form of funding for tuition, books and related fees.
- Available to students taking non-credit or credit trades related courses at PDCCC.
- Applicants must reside in or have a business or significant interest within the Western Tidewater region of Virginia which includes the communities of Franklin, Suffolk, Isle of Wight County and Southampton County.
- Funding is available throughout the PDCCC Academic year (fall, spring, or summer semesters).
- Financial need, as determined through the Financial Aid Office, is considered, but is not the only criterion for selection.
- Disbursals can be made in increments commensurate with per credit hour courses, or through tuition/fee based training courses, such as those offered at the Workforce Development Center.
- For returning credit students, a minimum GPA of 2.5 is required. For workforce non-credit training and courses, the GPA will be considered, but it is acknowledged that GPA is not a primary criterion for scholarship awards consideration.