This Scholarship is available for Fall Semester Only.
This scholarship is given in memory of William Gwaltney and in honor of Dorothy Gwaltney to recognize their commitment to promoting higher education in their home and their community. Mr. and Mrs. Gwaltney realized the importance of a college education and passed that desire for knowledge and education to their children and grandchildren.
The William and Dorothy Gwaltney Scholarship was established to help deserving students in Isle of Wight County pursue an education of their own that will lead to a rewarding future career and continued community engagement and volunteerism.
- Available to a new or returning Paul D. Camp Community College student. Also available to students enrolled in the College’s workforce and/or certificate programs.
- Applicant must be a resident of Isle of Wight County.
- Applicant must demonstrate a financial need. (All PDCCC scholarship applicants must complete a FAFSA application; need will be discerned through this process.)
- Applicants must have a GPA of 2.50 or higher.
- Applicant must submit two letters of recommendation with scholarship application.
- Applicant must submit a 200-word overview on his or her community engagement and involvement activities. Please list all activities (church, school, civic) that you were involved in.
The PDCCC Scholarship Committee makes the selection.