How to Apply

Student Direct Loan Application Instructions

Please follow all steps below to apply for a Student Direct Loan (Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans).

Step 1 – Complete the FAFSA

Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the current academic year and receive their results from the U.S. Department of Education.
FAFSA filing requires a FSA ID – click here to read more about FSA ID.

Step 2 – Review your initial award notification*

A student must receive an award letter from PDCCC to verify that the awarding process is complete. Loans will only be awarded after a student has completed all open checklist items and received an initial award offer. Any loan offered is a suggested amount, contingent upon completing the remaining steps. The absence of a loan offer indicates students may have enough free aid to cover direct billed costs  Create a budget and carefully consider whether the aid awarded is sufficient before completing a loan request.

Step 3 – Complete Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note

Complete the Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note at You must login using your FSA ID and password.

Step 4 –  Turn in a Direct Loan Request Form

After completing the Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note, students must complete and submit the Student  Federal Direct Student Loan Request Form to the College Financial Aid Office.  You must fill out the form in its entirety, and if you wish to be considered for unsubsidized loan, check the appropriate box.

Remember all four (4) Steps are required for your Direct Loan request to be processed.

Parent PLUS Direct Loan Application Instructions

Please follow the steps below to apply for a Parent Direct Loan (Parents of dependent PDCCC students only).

  1. Complete and Sign the Direct Plus Loan Application and a Direct Plus Loan Master Promissory Note at
  1. Complete and submit the Federal Direct Parent Loan Request Form to the Financial Aid Office.

*To view your award notification, log into MyPDCCC at

  • After logging in, click on Student Center.
  • Click the details of your “To Do List” to look for documents or actions required by you.
  • Under Financial Aid, click “View Financial Aid”.
  • If you want to reduce or decline your student loan, you must notify Financial Aid in writing.
  • You have the option to replace your Student Loan with Federal Work Study (FWS). You must first decline your Student Loan and be enrolled for a minimum of 6 credit hours. A separate application is required for FWS.  Note:  FWS award are earned one hour at a time, and cannot pay tuition, fee, or book charges.