Attention All Current and Prospective Military and Veteran Students
We’re pleased to announce CREDITS2CAREERS (C2C) — Virginia’s Community College System’s (VCCS) Academic and Career Portal. C2C is designed specifically for prospective military and veteran students, it will provide military and veteran students multiple academic pathways to apply their previous education and experience towards programs prior to applying to a VCCS Institution.
C2C is a personalized virtual counseling tool that will provide military-connected users to:
- Easily and quickly create a portfolio starting with their military experience. Extracting and recording all components of their military career for which credit can be granted by VCCS colleges from their military transcript.
- Allow the user to augment the portfolio with additional courses, examinations, credentials or other achievements.
- Instantly get an estimate of their Credit for prior learning awarded from any VCCS college of their choice based on the information in the electronic portfolio.
- Personalized exploration of civilian careers related to their military training and specialties; personal interests; or recommended by interest evaluations.
- Career exploration would provide users with information on the knowledge, skills, certifications and higher education programs offered by VCCS colleges for any career, of interest, as well as earnings potential tuned to the specific geographic area where they are interested in relocating or living.
- Users shall be able to review academic programs and associated degree maps that illustrate how the credit for prior learning (CPL) granted for elements of their portfolio would be applied towards completion of those programs.
- Explore degree and non-degree programs by field of study and identify the VCCS colleges that offer them.
- Offer virtual job information by:
- A resume builder embedded in the application.
- Access to a comprehensive national database of jobs with the list of jobs being tuned to the specific area where they are interested in relocating or living.