HOW TO APPLY FOR ACTIVE MILITARY
Tuition Assistance Program
Tuition Assistance (TA) is a benefit offered to service members to assist with the cost of tuition. Each branch of the armed services has specific tuition assistance programs. Students should contact their respective military branches for detailed information about programs that may apply to them. Speak with your Educational Services Officer (ESO) prior to enrolling in college, to ensure that you understand the rules. In order to have all or a portion of their tuition and fees covered by the Military Tuition Assistance program, students must provide an authorized Tuition Assistance (TA) form to the PDCCC Business Office. The Department of Defense has a dedicated website for TA with links at the bottom to all the service branches’ applications: Department of Defense TA Portal.
Apply for Admission
- If you attended PDCCC in the past and it has been more than 3 years you will need to reapply for admissions. Your completed application will indicate your Student ID number, and MyPDCCC username. Make sure to keep this information handy.
- Use temporary password within 30 days of applying, else follow directions on webpage.
Log into MyPDCCC to set up student email
Apply with the Department of Veteran Affairs at www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/
- Print a copy of the confirmation number once you have applied
- The VA will send you a Certificate of Eligibility in 4-6weeks.
- Provide copy of these documents and your DD-214 to PDCCC Certifying Official
If you have used your benefits elsewhere:
- You will need to notify the VA of your new school.
This can be completed at: www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/
- Provide confirmation number to VA certifying Official
Submit the following to Admissions within 2 semesters:
- GED/High School, College, & Military Transcripts
- Order Military Service Records
Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Apply online for Federal Pell Grant at – www.fafsa.gov (our school code is 009159)
- Please note: The federal government does an initial review for eligibility that takes three days before the College receives the FAFSA and reviews it for completeness. Only after the PDCCC Financial Aid review and completion of any required paperwork, will a financial aid award be offered.
- Federal aid requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Award updates are provided via PDCCC student email.
Each Semester you will be required to submit:
- Copy of class Schedule
- Copy of Advisement Transcript
You must contact the VA Certifying Official immediately if you Drop or Withdraw from a class(es).