Become a 2017 Upward Bound 400 Club Member!
We are looking for 400 individuals, families, churches, & organizations to donate a minimum of $100 each to the Paul D. Camp Community College (PDCCC) Upward Bound Program by the end of 2017.
Your funding will assist us in funding current and additional activities that are proven to motivate & support our students to “GRADUATE, ENROLL, GRADUATE.”
“What is Upward Bound?”
In December 2007, PDCCC was awarded its first grant by the U.S. Department of Education / TRiO programs to start an Upward Bound Program (UB) on the Franklin campus of PDCCC. This program currently serves 60+ eligible students from Franklin, Lakeland & Southampton High Schools.
The primary purpose of the TRiO Upward Bound program is to prepare potential first generation, or low-income students for successful entry into & completion of postsecondary education. TRiO services are designed to improve academic performance & increase student motivation to transition from one level of education to the next.
The program initiatives & activities include, but are not limited to:
- Academic Advising & Coaching for students to develop an individual college graduation plan.
- Leadership & Character Building Sessions & Speakers to teach students how to become role models in the community & to their peers.
- College Tours to introduce students to college campuses & career options.
- Six-week Summer Program provides activities at PDCCC Franklin campus for all the students.
- Assistance in SAT & ACT college entrance exam registration & tutorials to improve students’ performance & increase their competitiveness in the college application process.
- Dual Enrollment (DE) Courses & Hands-on Learning Projects have become a point of emphasis for the students during the academic & summer sessions.
- Exposure Opportunities for community service & exploration of cultural, personal & academic experiences through field trips, activities & travel.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION TO INVEST IN OUR FUTURE SCHOLARS