Kids College is our summer enrichment series which offers unique workshops for rising 2nd – 12th graders that are designed to teach new skills, develop new interests and hobbies, and explore career opportunities. Our Kids College classes fall under the following topic areas: Arts & Expression, Career Exploration, Hobbies & Interests, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math), and Student Success. View the Kids College Catalog for the selection of classes.We ask you that you review the General Program Information and College Acceptable Use Policy before registering for classes.
For Kids College 2013, we have worked to streamline registration for parents!
There are two steps to registration this year:
1. STUDENT ID
All students will need a student ID (EMPL ID) to register for Kids College this summer.
- If your child attended Kids College in 2012, they are considered a RETURNING STUDENT and their student ID is already on file.
- If your child did NOT attend Kids College in 2012, you will need to complete our online application at the following site..
- Under “Social Security #” choose, “I do not wish to provide my social security number at this time.” We do not need your child’s SS# for Kids College registration.
- Under “What type of classes will you be enrolling in”, choose “Non-credit”
- Under “What campus”, choose “Franklin”
- Under “What term do you plan to attend classes,” choose “Summer 2013”
- Once you complete the online application, you will receive a student ID number called an “empl id”. You will need your student ID in order to register for your Kids College classes.
2. KIDS COLLEGE COURSE REGISTRATION
Once you have your student ID, please download and fill out all Kids College forms located on our website. (These forms are also available at the Workforce Center.)
Tuition payment is due at time of registration. The College accepts MasterCard, VISA, money orders, checks and cash. Your registration isn’t considered complete until we have received full payment.
You may register in person at the Regional Workforce Development Center in Franklin. You may also register by mail, fax, or email.
Register by Mail, Fax, or Email
Mail: Registrations and payments can be mailed to PDCCC, Attn: Workforce Development/Kids College, 100 North College Drive, Franklin, VA 23581. Please make check or money orders payable to Paul D. Community College or PDCCC.
Fax: Registrations can be faxed to 757.569.6055 to Attn: PDCCC Workforce Development/Kids College. Once you fax your form, call757.569.6050 with your form of payment of Visa or MasterCard to ensure registration
Email: Registrations can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you email your form, call 757.569.6050 with your form of payment of Visa or MasterCard to ensure registration.
For all registrations that are sent in these ways, please call the Workforce Office (757.569.6050) to ensure your registration has been received. Registrations are processed on a first come, first served basis upon receipt of registration and payment. Your registration is not complete until payment is received.
For more information, please contact Teri Zurfluh, Kids College Director, at email@example.com or contact the Workforce Development Office at 757.569.6700.