~Deadline for submissions is March 17, 2017~
Applications for Paul D. Camp Community College scholarships will open Monday, Feb. 6 for the fall 2017 semester. New and continuing students, as well as high school students can apply for a number of funding opportunities beginning that day.
“We are proud to be able to assist our students with scholarships that will enable them to continue their education goals,” said Dr. Renee Felts, executive director of the PDCCC Foundation and vice president for institutional advancement. “We are fortunate to have so many donors who believe in our mission and our students.”
During the spring 2017 semester, PDCCC awarded students $39,850 in scholarships, including the dual enrollment awards. This year, three new scholarships
A number of scholarships for new and continuing students is available for the fall 2017 semester. Students may apply for these regardless if they have applied for scholarships in the spring as long as they meet the criteria listed for each award.
Scholarships are also available for graduating high school students, as well as Dual Enrollment Camp Opportunity Scholarships (DECOS) for high school juniors and seniors. The scholarship applications will be accepted until Friday, March 17, at 11:59 p.m.
Students should follow these guidelines to apply:
• Submit a PDCCC Scholarship Application with all required supporting documentation. Visit www.pdc.edu/financial-aid/scholarships/ for the application.
• New students must submit an application for admission to the College with your high school or college transcripts attached.
• All students must submit two letters of reference with your application.
• Read the criteria for each scholarship. Some require additional attachments, such as an essay. Applications missing required documents will not be processed.
• Make sure that all requirements are met by the scholarship cycle deadline.
• File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.gov using our school code: 009159.
For more information, call the Office for Institutional Advancement at 757-569-6790 or visit www.pdc.edu/scholarships.