Deadline for submissions is Nov. 3, 2014
Applications for Paul D. Camp Community College scholarships will open Oct. 1 for the spring 2015 semester. New and continuing students can apply for an array of funding opportunities beginning that day.
“The cost of an education should not stop anyone from reaching their educational goals. That’s why Paul D. Camp Community College has established a number of opportunities for prospective and current students to get their education paid for through scholarships,” said Felicia Blow, Executive Director of the PDCCC Foundation and Vice President for Institutional Advancement. “What is amazing is that these opportunities are possible because of donors who have sacrificed, saved and contributed in order to help others achieve success.” In 2014,
During the fall 2014 semester, the PDCCC Financial Aid Office awarded 61 scholarships to students totaling more than $38,000.
There are 14 scholarships for new and continuing students available for the spring 2015 semester. Students may apply for these regardless if they have applied for scholarships in the fall, as long as they meet the criteria listed for each award. The scholarship acceptance period, begins Wednesday, Oct. 1, 2014. Scholarship applications must be submitted by Monday, Nov. 3, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. and will only be accepted electronically.
Students only need to follow these steps to apply:
- Submit a PDCCC Scholarship Application with all required supporting documentation to email@example.com. (Scanning instructions are located in the area of the PDCCC computer labs and on the Web site scholarships page.)
- New students must submit an application for admission to the College with your high school or college transcripts attached.
- All students must submit two letters of reference with your application.
- Read the criteria for each scholarship. Some require additional attachments, such as an essay. Applications missing required documents will not be processed.
- Make sure that all requirements are met by the scholarship cycle deadline.
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.gov using our school code: 009159.
For more information, call the Office for Institutional Advancement at 757-569-6790 or log onto http://www.pdc.edu/financial-aid/scholarships/