~Deadline for submissions is Oct. 6, 2015~
Applications for Paul D. Camp Community College scholarships will open Tuesday, Sept. 8, for the spring 2016 semester. New and continuing students can apply for an array of funding opportunities beginning that day.
“The cost should not stop anyone from reaching their educational goals. That’s why Paul D. Camp Community College has established a number of opportunities for prospective and current students to help pay for their education through scholarships,” said Dr. Renee Felts, Interim Executive Director of the PDCCC Foundation and Interim Vice President for Institutional Advancement. “These opportunities are possible because of donors who have made student success a high priority.”
PDCCC awarded nearly 80 scholarships totaling close to $56,000 to students during the 2014-15 academic year.
Students may apply for scholarships in the spring regardless if they have applied for scholarships in the fall, as long as they meet the criteria listed for each award. The scholarship acceptance period, begins Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2015. Scholarship applications must be submitted by Tuesday, Oct. 6, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. and will only be accepted electronically.
Students only need to follow these steps to apply:
- Submit a PDCCC Scholarship Application with all required supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Scanning instructions are located in the area of the PDCCC computer labs and on the Web site scholarships page.)
- New students must submit an application for admission to the College with your high school or college transcripts attached.
- All students must submit two letters of reference with your application.
- Read the criteria for each scholarship. Some require additional attachments, such as an essay. Applications missing required documents will not be processed.
- Make sure that all requirements are met by the scholarship cycle deadline.
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.gov using our school code: 009159.
For more information, call the Office for Institutional Advancement at 757-569-6790 or log onto http://www.pdc.edu/financial-aid/scholarships/