From left: Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Executive Director of the PDCCC Foundation Dr. Renee Felts, Sarah Giorgi, Charity Thompson, Troy Stubenrauch, Belinda Long, Andrew Stegman, Sara Lyons, PDCCC President Dr. Daniel Lufkin, Karen Haywood-Duck, Olivia Davis, Mary Burgess, Jesse Pruden, Ruth Kent, donor Locke Floyd, Karla Johnson, donor Cathy Floyd, and donors Dr. Douglas Boyce and Grace Boyce.
More than 50 people gathered at the Paul D. Camp Community College Regional Workforce Development Center recently to celebrate the recipients of 2016 fall scholarships and the generosity of the donors.
Eighteen scholarships totaling $22,000 were awarded for the upcoming semester. Dr. Daniel Lufkin, PDCCC president, recognized donors, board and foundation board members who were in attendance before presenting certificates to the winners.
“We are fortunate to have present and former members of the community recognize the significant role that Paul D. Camp Community College plays in the lives of our students,” said Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Executive Director of the PDCCC Foundation Dr. Renee Felts. “More often than not, lack of resources stands in the way of potential students wanting to pursue a postsecondary education. These scholarships can make all the difference and that difference can last a lifetime for these students.”
Recipients of the awards are:
- Vernell Davis of Suffolk -American Association of University Women (AAUW), Suffolk Branch
- Karla Johnson of Franklin-Bertella C. Westbrook Memorial Scholarship for Nursing Students
- Troy Stubenrauch of Suffolk-Bobby B. Worrell Scholarship
- Ruth Kent of Ivor-Camp to Camp Scholarship
- Sarah Giorgi of Boykins-Hampton Roads Community Foundation Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship
- Charity Thompson of Suffolk-Cross Realty Career Grant
- Mary Burgess of Franklin-Dean Nancy Sandberg Scholarship
- Katelyn Duck of Franklin-Donald C. Boyce Education Scholarship
- Belinda Long of Franklin-Dr. Alvin C. Rogers Endowed Scholarship
- Karen Haywood-Duck of Suffolk-40/7 Society Scholarship
- Olivia Davis of Courtland-Margaret L. Brown Education Scholarship
- Sara Lyons of Franklin-Nellie White Business Scholarship
- Jesse Pruden of Suffolk-Perry W. Barnett Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Kyrie McLeod of Courtland-Roy and Eleanor Epps Cornwell Scholarship
- Andrew Stegman of Sedley-“Service Above Self” Rotary Scholarship
- Raquel Jones of Courtland-Shirley N. Barnes Scholarship
- Olivia Goff of Branchville-Smithfield Foods Endowed Scholarship
- Cathy Riley-Snyder of Suffolk-Suffolk Ruritan Nursing Scholarship
Sara Lyons of Franklin accepts her scholarship certificate from Dr. Daniel Lufkin, PDCCC president.
Jesse Pruden of Suffolk is presented his scholarship certificate by Dr. Daniel Lufkin, PDCCC president.
PDCCC awards scholarships each fall and spring semester. For more information, contact the Office for Institutional Advancement at 757-569-6790.