New PAID PDCCC Externship Program with Smithfield Foods!
Smithfield Foods Opportunities available in:
- Industrial Maintenance
- Industrial Technology
- Warehouse & Distribution
Benefits of participating include:
- 5-day paid learning opportunity ($10.00 per hour)
- Job Shadowing and On the Job Training by experts
- Exposure to Smithfield Foods’ operations and culture
- Lunch voucher for the Smithfield Foods cafeteria
- Free Career Readiness Certificate (upon successful completion of Workkeys Assessments)
Requirements to Apply:
- Current student or recent graduate of a credit or non-credit course at PDCCC
- Signed recommendation by a faculty member/instructor
- Reliable transportation (to Smithfield)
- Be available from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. during your 5-day participation
- Must be 18-years of age or older to participate
First Cohort: March 6, 13, 20, 27 and April 3
Second Cohort: May 29, June 5, 12, 19, and 26
Hurry! This is a Competitive Process. Only 20 students will be selected to participate.
Deadline to apply is February 6, 2015
Submit completed applications with a resume to the Paul D. Camp Community College Career Development Center, Attention: Lisha Wolfe, 271 Kenyon Rd. Room 101A Suffolk, VA 23434.
For more information, please call Lisha at (757) 925-6347.
*Participants selected will undergo a criminal background check prior to starting their externship