In accordance with Section 23.1-307 (D) of the Code of Virginia, the State Board for Community Colleges provides notice that it will consider tuition and mandatory fee increases for Virginia’s Community Colleges, effective Fall 2019, at 9:00 a.m., May 16, 2019, at 300 Arboretum Place, Richmond, Va.
The State Board will consider tuition and mandatory fee increases of between 0 percent and 2.4 percent for all undergraduate students, subject to provisions of the 2019 session of the General Assembly. The community colleges will use revenue generated from any increase in tuition and mandatory fees to pay for:
- Increased state employee compensation and fringe benefit costs;
- Operation and maintenance of new buildings;
- Technology infrastructure upgrades;
- Contractual obligations; and
- Investments in strategic initiatives to improve student access, engagement, and success.