The S.T.E.P.S. (Students Transitioning through Education Programs Successfully) program was developed by Paul D. Camp Community College in alignment with the Virginia’s Community Colleges Chancellor’s College Success Coach Initiative.
The purpose of this initiative is to increase the number of students who graduate with associate degrees; earn a career readiness, general education, or other career certificates; or transfer to other institutions of higher education.
With personal coaching, S.T.E.P.S. encourages and empowers students to achieve their personal, academic, and career goals by identifying and accessing on and off campus resources.
All Services are Completely Free!
The program is funded by the Chancellor’s College Success Initiative
What services do we offer?
- One-on-One Coaching — Success Coaches are available to help you set your personal and academic goals by offering and suggesting many resources.
- Group coaching sessions — These sessions offer a variety of information and allow you to socialize and get to know your peers; sessions are located on both campuses Tuesday Talks on the Franklin campus and Campus Conversations on the Hobbs Suffolk Campus.
- Scholarship applications assistance — The coaches are here to help you with your applications to determine that eligibility requirements are met. Ensuring that your application packet is complete.
- Financial Aid literacy.
- Many other services.
- 1st Annual Student Leadership Conference
- 2nd Annual Student Leadership Conference
- Student Success Symposium 2016 Student Agenda
- Student Success Symposium FS 2016 Agenda
- Student Success Symposium 2017 Student Agenda
- Student Success Symposium Educators and Community Partners 2017 Agenda
- Student Success Symposium 2018 Agenda
How Can You Get More Information?