- July 20, 21, and 22, 2018 (registration opens March 5)
- October 19, 20 and 21, 2018 (registration opens April 23)
Class Times (In Classroom): Friday, 5:45 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.*
Class Times (On Range): Saturday and Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location: PDCCC Franklin Workforce Center
*NOTE: participant must arrive on time. Once class begins, you will not be allowed in the class and there will be no refunds.
The Virginia Rider Training Program (VRTP) is DMV’s motorcycle safety & licensing program recognized only by the state of Virginia.
The Virginia Rider Training program Basic Rider Course (BRC) coaches the fundamental skills and is NOT intended to produce the superb riding skills of an experienced rider; rather, it provides the basic ENTRY-LEVEL skills for a new rider to begin practicing and developing the mental and motor skills important for safe street operation. Motorcycles helmets are provided.
What to expect in the classroom:
- discussion of workbook
- watching a training video
- Multiple Choice Test
- 80% needed to pass
- arrive 15 minutes early (no late comers)
What to expect on the range:
- Many riding exercises (in weather)
- Riding skills evaluation consisting of four exercises to assess your braking, cornering, swerving and limited space maneuvering skills.
Please visit pdc.augusoft.net to register and pay for your class.
Registration Deadline for Non-credit Classes:
Participants enrolling into a non-credit class must have all registration documents and tuition fees submitted by 4:30 p.m. two (2) business days prior to class start date.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Workforce Development at email@example.com or call 757.569.6050.