COMMERCIAL DRIVER’S LICENSE (CDL)
Learn to drive the big rigs and prepare for the Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) test.
Companies are experiencing a shortage of drivers. PDCCC’s professional truck driving program consists of classroom instruction, various backing maneuvers, equipment and safety checks and on-the-road training. This comprehensive 160-hour program not only provides the skills you need, it also includes lifetime free job placement assistance to graduates and lifetime refresher training.
What is the employment outlook for a career in Commercial Driving?
Employment of heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers is projected to grow 5 percent from 2014 to 2024, about as fast as the average of all occupations. As the economy grows, the demand for goods will increase and more truck drivers will be needed to keep supply chains moving. -Bureau of Labor Statistics
What credentials can I earn through PDCCC’s program?
PDCCC’s Truck Driver Training program prepares you for the CDL license test.
A prospective student must provide the following at start of class:
- Be 18 years of age
- Have a valid Virginia Driver’s license
- Provide a copy of his/her driving record
-CDL Learner’s Permit and DOT physical exam will be provided at the beginning of the program (cost not included in the tuition).
Week Day Program:
January 2 – January 29, 2018
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
January 27 – April 8, 2018
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Paul D. Camp Community College Suffolk Hobbs Campus at 271 Kenyon Road in Suffolk, Virginia
$4,500 (Grants and Scholarships available resulting in the cost being $1,000 or less per student)
For more information on the perks of the program, visit www.shipperschoice.com/.
- New drivers make up to $50k starting, and with experience, can make upwards of $90k.
- Our truck driving school is not contract-based. Work where you want upon graduation.
- Learner’s Permit is not required to start.
- We have 100+ industry connections for job placement assistance.
Truck Driver Registration Process
Thank you for your interest in the Truck Driver Training Program!
We accept our students on a “first come/first in” basis and we will offer a seat to the first 10 individuals that:
- Complete our Non-Credit Application for Admission.
- Complete our WCG/FANTIC Application to determine grant, financial aid, and scholarship eligibility (found on our Financial Assistance page).
- Want a head-start? Obtain a copy of your current driving record (MVR) from DMV. Pick up the Commercial Driver’s License Manual the DMV. Click on our link “Study Guide for CDL Class” on our Truck Driver Training page for advice on the sections to study to prepare for the written tests.
Once we have offered you a seat in the first available class, you will be advised to submit to a DOT physical exam at your expense.
The school makes arrangements with the DMV for final testing. Upon satisfactory completion, a certificate from Paul D. Camp Community College will be issued. The school has approximately 60 local and long distance carriers in need of graduates.
*New grants and scholarships will cover most costs for eligible students! Visit Financial Assistance to learn more.
You can register and pay for your class at pdc.augusoft.net.
Registration Deadline for Non-credit Classes:
Participants enrolling into a non-credit class must have all registration documents and tuition fees submitted by 4:30 p.m. two (2) business days prior to class start date.
For more information, please contact Workforce Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757.569.6050.