TRUCK DRIVER TRAINING
COMMERCIAL DRIVER’S LICENSE (CDL) – CLASS A
Earning your Class A CDL can be the entryway to an entirely new career with higher pay and better benefits!
With a CDL Class A license, you can drive any combination of vehicles with a gross combination weight rating (GCWR) of 26,001 pounds or more if the vehicle(s) being towed has a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of more than 10,000 pounds. Vehicles in this class include Tractor-trailer, Truck and trailer combinations, and Tractor-trailer buses. If you hold a class A license and you have the correct endorsements, you may also operate vehicles listed in Class B.
Associated Credential: Class A Commercial Driver’s License (160 hours)
|Week Day Program
Mondays – Fridays
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Saturdays – Sundays
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
|May 6 – May 31, 2019||April 27 – July 14, 2019|
|June 3 – June 28, 2019||July 13 – September 15, 2019|
|July 8 – August 2, 2019|
*No Classes: 5/12/2019 (Mother’s Day), 5/27/2019 (Memorial Day) and 6/16/2019 (Father’s Day), 9/2/2019 (Labor Day)
Location: Hobbs Suffolk Campus, Room 117
CEU: 16 CEUs
WCG Price: $1500**
**based on WCG eligibility and funding availability.
*Must be 18 years or older, have a valid Virginia Driver’s License and provide a recent DMV driving record.
A prospective student must provide the following at start of class:
- Be 18 years of age
- Have a valid Virginia Driver’s license
- Provide a copy of his/her driving record
-CDL Learner’s Permit and DOT physical exam will be provided at the beginning of the program (cost not included in the tuition).
Students who are 18 years of age or older and has live in Virginia for 12 months or longer will have access to FastForward Workforce Credential Grants which will cover two-thirds of the $4,500 tuition cost. Visit our Financial Assistance page for more information! (link Financial Assistance page to https://www.pdc.edu/workforce-development/financial-assistance/
Professional Tractor-Trailer Truck Driver Training (Class A) Includes:
- 160 Hours of Range, Road and Classroom Training
- Small Class Sizes
- Prepares the Student for an Entry-Level Professional Driving Position
- CDL License Exam Training and Preparation
- Full and part-time Class Schedules
- Real World Immediate Hands-On Training
- Includes Vehicle to Take DMV Test
- Lifetime Job Placement Assistance
- 98% Job Placement Rate
Truck Driver Registration Process
Thank you for your interest in the Truck Driver Training Program!
We accept our students on a “first come/first in” basis and we will offer a seat to the first 10 individuals that:
- Complete our Non-Credit Application for Admission.
- Complete our WCG/FANTIC Application to determine grant, financial aid, and scholarship eligibility (found on our Financial Assistance page).
- Want a head-start? Obtain a copy of your current driving record (MVR) from DMV. Pick up the Commercial Driver’s License Manual the DMV. Click on our link “Study Guide for CDL Class” on our Truck Driver Training page for advice on the sections to study to prepare for the written tests.
Once we have offered you a seat in the first available class, you will be advised to submit to a DOT physical exam at your expense.
The school makes arrangements with the DMV for final testing. Upon satisfactory completion, a certificate from Paul D. Camp Community College will be issued. The school has approximately 60 local and long distance carriers in need of graduates.
**New grants and scholarships will cover most costs for eligible students! Visit Financial Assistance to learn more.
You can register and pay for your class at pdc.augusoft.net.
Registration Deadline for Non-credit Classes: Participants enrolling into a non-credit class must have all registration documents and tuition fees submitted by 4:00 p.m. two (2) business days prior to class start date. For more information, please contact Workforce Development at email@example.com or call 757.569.6050.