TRUCK DRIVER TRAINING
COMMERCIAL DRIVER’S LICENSE (CDL) – CLASS B
Start a new and exciting career by earning your Class B CDL license and earn higher pay and better benefits!
With a CDL Class B license, you can drive any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 pounds or more. Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 pounds or more towing another vehicle with a GVWR of 10,000 pounds or less. This class includes Straight trucks, Large buses, Segmented buses, Trucks towing vehicles with GVWR of 10,000 pounds or less.
|Week Day Program
Mondays – Fridays
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Saturdays – Sundays
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
|September 3 – 20, 2019||September 21 – November 10, 2019|
|September 30 – October 18, 2019||December 7, 2019 – February 2, 2020|
No classes December 21 – 27 and December 31, 2019 and January 1, 2020
Location: Paul D. Camp Community College Suffolk Hobbs Campus at 271 Kenyon Road in Suffolk, Virginia
WCG Price: $1100**
A prospective student must provide the following at start of class:
- Be 18 years of age
- Have a valid Virginia Driver’s license
- Provide a copy of his/her driving record
-CDL Learner’s Permit and DOT physical exam will be provided at the beginning of the program (cost not included in the tuition).
Hands-On Class B CDL Driving Instruction includes:
- 120 hours of Range, Road and Classroom Training
- Small Class Sizes
- Prepares the Student for an Entry-Level Professional Driving Positions
- CDL License Exam Training and Preparation
- Full and part-time Class Schedules
- Real World Immediate Hands-On Training
- Includes Vehicle to Take DMV Test
- Lifetime Job Placement Assistance
- 98% Job Placement Rate
Truck Driver Registration Process
Thank you for your interest in the Truck Driver Training Program!
We accept our students on a “first come/first in” basis and we will offer a seat to the first 10 individuals that:
- Complete our Non-Credit Application for Admission.
- Complete our WCG/FANTIC Application to determine grant, financial aid, and scholarship eligibility (found on our Financial Assistance page).
- Want a head-start? Obtain a copy of your current driving record (MVR) from DMV. Pick up the Commercial Driver’s License Manual the DMV. Click on our link “Study Guide for CDL Class” on our Truck Driver Training page for advice on the sections to study to prepare for the written tests.
Once we have offered you a seat in the first available class, you will be advised to submit to a DOT physical exam at your expense.
The school makes arrangements with the DMV for final testing. Upon satisfactory completion, a certificate from Paul D. Camp Community College will be issued. The school has approximately 60 local and long distance carriers in need of graduates.
**New grants and scholarships will cover most costs for eligible students! Visit Financial Assistance to learn more.
You can register and pay for your class at pdc.augusoft.net.
Registration Deadline for Non-credit Classes: Participants enrolling into a non-credit class must have all registration documents and tuition fees submitted by 4:00 p.m. two (2) business days prior to class start date. For more information, please contact Workforce Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757.569.6050.