The Suffolk Library is closed for renovation through March 2014. The temporary library location will be in the Suffolk Campus Computer Lab, room 106. Our library staff will retain our normal business hours to guide patrons to resources and provide reference assistance as needed. Regular hours are Monday through Thursday 8:30 am to 7:00 pm; and Friday 8:30 am to 12:30 pm.
The mission of the Learning Resources Center (LRC) is to support the college programs, students, faculty, and the college’s community.
The LRC fulfills this mission by providing the following services and resources:
- print, electronic and multimedia resources to support the College’s programs
- access to online databases and the Internet
- instructional equipment for teaching and learning
- one-on-one research assistance
- organized materials for easier use
- information literacy instruction
- facilities for instructional and community activities
Students can access a full range of library services at the Franklin Campus, Hobbs Suffolk Campus, and PDCCC at Smithfield including a diverse collection of
- print and electronic books (eBooks),
- magazine and newspaper subscriptions,
- multimedia resources,
- online databases,
- MS Office software,
- career resources, and
- children’s books.
Students can also check out materials from Virginia Tidewater Consortium for Higher Education campuses with a consortium card. Applications are available in the libraries. They can also borrow books and articles from other institutions through interlibrary loan services.
Students can identify materials available at other libraries and in electronic databases through
- the Virginia Community College System Electronic Library Resources
- the Virtual Library of Virginia (VIVA).
Contact Library staff for
- reference and research assistance,
- information literacy presentations/ workshops,
- equipment requests and assistance.
- interlibrary loan requests