Paul D. Camp Community College will be our region’s ﬁrst choice for postsecondary education, workforce development, and community partnerships.
Paul D. Camp Community College provides accessible, quality higher education, workforce training, and community development in our service region, while supporting success for a diverse student population, and fulfilling the needs of our employers.
To achieve this mission, the College provides …
- Access to higher education for students and promotes their success and goal attainment.
- Curricula in university parallel programs that facilitate transfer to senior institutions.
- Career and technical programs that are responsive to the needs of students and employers.
- A developmental studies program to help students meet college-level learning expectations.
- Workforce training, services and life-long learning opportunities.
- Students the skills and values needed to function effectively in their world.
- Support for partnerships for the development, growth and renewal of the service region.
- Adequate personnel, financial resources, facilities and technology to support its programs and services.
- Emergency preparedness planning, training and promotion.
At Paul D. Camp Community College, we are committed …
- To Diversity – Each person is important. We appreciate the diversity of our student body and college employees. We seek to understand and respect one another.
- To Teaching and Learning – Faculty, staff and students bring knowledge, skills and abilities to the institution. We encourage everyone to develop to their full potential in order to live responsible and productive lives.
- To Teamwork – We accomplish more by working together. Collaboration is an organizational priority for faculty and staff and a learning expectation for students.
- To Access and Service – We strive to remove obstacles that threaten student success. We challenge students to do the same in their communities through service to others.
- To Excellence and Continuous Improvement – We expect each student and college employee to uphold the standards of quality identified for their academic plan or administrative unit with integrity. We evaluate student outcomes and other measures of institutional and individual effectiveness to continuously improve performance, programs and services.
- To Innovation – We encourage each other to try new ways to address challenges and fulfill the college’s mission.
- To Community – We work with our community to achieve common goals related to education, economic development, and civic engagement.
Code of Ethics
Statement of Purpose
The Virginia Community College System and Paul D. Camp Community College (Camp) are committed to providing comprehensive higher education and workforce training programs and services that are financially and geographically accessible and that meet individual, business and community needs of the commonwealth. These values serve as a guide for the members of the VCCS/Camp community when ethical issues arise.
- We are committed to learning environments that foster academic integrity.
- We will be good stewards of our resources and make effective and efficient use of them, thereby ensuring accountability to the state and to the communities we serve.
- We will maintain the confidentiality and security of information entrusted to us and share information only when authorized or required by law to do so.
- We will not accept any gift, favor, loan, service, business or professional opportunity from anyone knowing (or when it should be known) that it is offered in order to improperly influence the performance of our public duties. We will avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest.
- We will offer good faith and fair dealings to all those we serve and to each other. Our communications will be civil and professional.
- We will offer employment opportunities in accordance with state, federal and system policies supporting the rights and recognizing the needs of all citizens regardless of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
- We encourage and expect all members of the community to act in good faith and bring to the attention of the appropriate official any violation or potential violation of these principles.