Program: Management-Computer Support Specialist
Award: Associate of Applied Science
This program is designed to prepare students to provide technical assistance, support, and advice to customers and other users. Students are also prepared to troubleshoot hardware, software and system issues.
What will I learn?
Students successfully completing this program will know how to…
- Demonstrate oral and written presentation skills
- Apply leadership, ethical standards and team building skills
- Design a comprehensive business plan
- Demonstrate ability to use technology to analyze and solve business problems
- Use basic computation skills
- Integrate advanced computer concepts using a productivity software suite
How long will I need to be in college?
A college-ready student attending Camp full-time can complete this associate degree in two years.
What is the job outlook for careers in Hardware & Software Support Management?
As of the second quarter of 2023, total employment in the Hampton Roads Workforce Region for Computer User Support Specialists was 2,848. There is projected annual demand/need for 210 new entrants into this occupation (Source: Jobs EQ Occupation Report Computer User Support Specialists, January 2024).
How much will I earn in this career?
Below are the 2023 wages for careers, within the Hampton Roads Workforce Region, that are related to this field.
|Computer User Support Specialists
(Source: Jobs EQ Occupation Report Wages, January 2024)
Want to know more? Check out the program map and program requirements in the College Catalog.