G3 Funding is Available!
The G3 Program is a tuition assistance program for any Virginia resident who qualifies for in-state tuition and whose family income falls below an identified threshold. Eligible students may enroll in designated career pathways leading to jobs in high-demand fields.
Am I eligible?
G3 is for Virginians who meet the following criteria:
- Adult domiciled in Virginia who qualifies for State Financial Aid,
- Has a total household income of less than or equal to 400% of the Federal Poverty Level (roughly an income of $100,000 for a family of four),
- Has filed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with Camp’s school code listed: 009159
- Is enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours in a Virginia community college,
- Is only enrolled in a designated G3 Program (dual placement in non-G3 programs will not be permitted).
- Makes Satisfactory Academic Progress.
Here’s Camp’s full list of G3 programs as of March 2021. Detailed information on all of Camp’s programs is found in the downloadable, indexed College Catalog and Student Handbook.
Several career pathways and associated services being strengthened under this grant include:
Early Childhood Education
Contact Dr. Antoinette Johnson,
Emergency Medical Services
Contact Mr. Paul Ruppert,
Information Technology/Computer Science – Cybersecurity and Networking
Contact Mr. Robert Tureman,
Industrial Technology – Electrical
Contact Mr. Steven Street,
Administration of Justice/Criminal Justice
Contact Mr. Joseph DeStefano,
In January 2019, Camp Community College was awarded a “G3” planning grant.*
The Get a Skill. Get a Job. Get Ahead grant is helped Camp Community College strengthen existing programs and further develop career pathways that prepare students for well-paying, in-demand careers. This grant also helped Camp implement an online orientation for all new students, improve course scheduling so that students can more easily complete their studies and enter the workforce, expand pathways to dual enrolled students, and grow our partnerships with employers to provide more work-based learning opportunities for students.
*This initiative is 100% supported by a federal U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) award made to Paul D. Camp Community College by the pass-through entity, Virginia Community College System. The total program cost for this initiative is $70,714