The NCCER IM E&I program* will start with NCCER Core:
*Participants interested in the program must demonstrate a math proficiency at the MTE 2 level or higher.
NCCER Core covers items such as Safety, Construction Math, Hand and Power Tools, Construction Drawings, Materials Handling, and Communication and Employability Skills.
Associated Credential: NCCER Core certification; OSHA 10 Construction Certification (40 hour course)
Dates: Spring 2019
Times: Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuition: $1098 (includes certification exam fee)
WCG Price: $366
Instructors: D. Lorenz, W. Wentz, and L. Wallace (OSHA 10)
Location: Paul D. Camp Community College Suffolk Campus, 271 Kenyon Road, Suffolk VA 23434.
*Must be 18 years or older
If you think you already have the NCCER Core skills and knowledge, you can sign up to take the “Challenge Tests”. If you pass all of the modules of Core, you will earn the certification without having to take the class. If you do not pass a module, you will be scheduled for the Core class above and retake the test. Challenge Test dates to be determined.
NCCER IM E & I Level 2*
IM E & I Level 2 covers:
- Industrial Safety for E & I Technicians
- Introduction to the National Electrical Code
- Electrical Theory
- Alternating Current
- E & I Test Equipment
- Flow, Pressure, Level, and Temperature
- Process Mathematics
- Hand Bending
- Clean, Purge, and Test Tubing and Piping Systems
- Instrument Drawings and Documents, Part 1
- Conductors and Cables
- Conductor Terminations and Splices
Dates/Days: Fall 2019
Times: 3:00 – 9:00 PM
Tuition: $2,700 (includes certification exam fee)
WCG Price: $934
Instructors: P. Kneisley, L. Inman, and W. Wentz
Location: Paul D. Camp Community College Suffolk Campus, 271 Kenyon Road, Suffolk VA 23434
* This course prepares you to take the NCCER assessments and performance tests (testing costs included in tuition)
NCCER Industrial Maintenance Electrical & Instrumentation
Associate Credential: Certified Industrial Maintenance Electrical and Instrumentation Technician
Dates: January 7 – May 3, 2019
Days/Times: Mondays & Wednesdays; 3:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Instructors: L. Inman
Location: Suffolk Hobbs Campus
WCG Price: $1034
E&I Level 3:
- Learn about Hazardous Locations
- Electronic Components
- E & I Drawings
- Motor Controls
- Distribution Equipment
- Conductor Selection and Calculation
- Temporary Grounding
- Commercial and Industrial Electrical Services
- Pipe Layout and Installation
- Machine Bending of Conduit, Hydraulic and Pneumatic Controls and Motor-Operated Valves
This course prepares you to take the NCCER assessments and performance tests (testing costs included in tuition).
A prospective student must provide the following to register for the program:
- Be 18 years of age
- Provide a copy of his/her high school diploma or GED
- Complete our Non-Credit Application for Admission
- Complete our WCG/FANTIC Application to determine grant, financial aid, and scholarship eligibility (found on our Financial Assistance page at www.pdc.edu/workforce-development).
NCCER IM E & I Level 4 – to be offered in Fall 2019
*Participant must be 18 years of age and provide a copy of his/her high school diploma or GED
Grants and/or scholarships may be available.
For registration information, contact the Workforce Development Office at 757-569-6050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NCCER’s four-level IM E&I curriculum covers topics such as Fasteners and Anchors, Process Mathematics, Hydraulic and Pneumatic Controls, Process Control Loops, Instrument Calibration and Configuration, Electronic Components, Programmable Logic Controllers, and an Introduction to the National Electrical Code, to name a few. Students can complete all 4 levels of IM E&I.